This started as a Facebook tag, but I’m transferring it over here for everyone to enjoy. 25 random facts about me:
1. I got my first “real” camera when I was 16, and it was one of the best presents I ever got.
2. I became vegetarian about six months ago.
3. I started taking self portraits in February of this year, mostly due to the frustration of having lots of great ideas and having every photographer I suggested them to reject them. At the time I was really annoyed, but I’m glad for it now, because it led me to where I am.
4. I have two cats and a dog, all of whom have names which are either music- or poetry-inspired.
5. I was always artistic as a child, even going so far as to doodle on my bed sheets with markers when I was about 4, in a protest against the nap I was being forced to take. My mother was NOT happy about my form of self-expression.
6. I LOVE naps now.
7. If I have a day where I don’t have to put on makeup, get out of my pajamas or leave the house, I consider that a REALLY good day.
8. I’m engaged to fellow artist and photographer Geoff Ashley, and we met when I modeled for him one day. We’ve been together for two and a half years and he is fantastic.
9. I adore champagne but I’m a total lightweight, so I have to pace myself drinking it.
10. Unlike most girls, I think chocolate is only ok.
11. Unicorns are my favorite creatures, and The Last Unicorn is one of my favorite books and movies.
12. I got to meet Peter S. Beagle and got my photo taken with him!
13. Robin McKinley is my favorite author. Deerskin and The Hero And The Crown are tied for favorite book status.
14. I never, ever, ever want to have children. So stop asking when it’s going to happen. It’s not.
15. I was home-schoooled. My last year of high school was mostly tying up loose ends, so I got to pick some very fun classes, like an entire class on Shakespeare.
16. I chose to take Latin as my language in high school and I still remember a few phrases.
17. My favorite movie is The Fountain, which nobody else has seen.
18. Growing up I thought I wanted to a writer, an actress a painter and a vet at different times.
19. I got vomit-inducingly drunk exactly one time and decided that was not something I was going to repeat.
20. I love to bake, but I’m always concerned about what I eat, so I rarely make fun cakes and cookies anymore or I’ll eat them all and feel fat.
21. I am a certified Reiki Level 2 Practitioner.
22. I have incredible, foundation-shaking insecurities, but most of them stay hidden from the general population.
23. I have numerous chronic health problems which affect my life to varying degrees.
24. I secretly long to be able to dance in a way most people would agree is sexy, but I am far too shy to even take a dance class.
25. I make my own hair gel from flax seeds and peppermint essential oil.
That was a lot to think of! Enjoy it? Reply with your own random facts about yourself!